6-week workshop for one fee of $200
Taught by Dan Decker of the Las Vegas Shakespeare Company
Monday evenings, November 13 – December 18
For actors of all abilities and experience levels, ages 16+
THE SHAKESPEARE WORKSHOP
6-week workshop, Monday evenings 6:30—9pm
Class fee: $200
November 13 – December 18
Over the course of this class, participants will develop…
1) A clear voice that connects one’s body with the words of the text.
2) A facility with blank verse that includes an ability to respond to direction regarding verse.
3) A deeper awareness of Shakespeare’s work, style, and why He is so important to us today.
4) Effective strategies to work well alone or with scene partners onstage.
5) Performances with different actors that exceed the sum of the parts.
6) The use of one’s own sensibility in harmony with the text.
7) An understanding that 1 through 6 above comprise one single thing.
The final workshop session will be performances to which friends and families are invited.
Click here to sign up online or give us a call at (919) 834-4001. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the curriculum.
ABOUT DAN DECKER
Instructor for The Shakespeare Workshops is Dan Decker, former Producing Artistic Director of the Las Vegas Shakespeare Company and author of “The Two Roses” a speculative biography of William Shakespeare published in the peer reviewed New England Theater Journal.